Create a modular chair for your 14.5-inch doll with this a la Mod Lounge Collection furniture pattern!
This confident beginner-level PDF download includes instructions for building a doll-sized modular chair with a CPVC pipe frame covered in fabric, as well as removable seat and back cushions attached to the frame cover using hook-and-loop tape. Step-by-step construction photos are included to help with assembly. This project is easy enough for most confident beginners … no power tools needed!
Also included are pattern pieces and detailed instructions for creating fabric-covered foam cushions. Choose woven fabrics for easier sewing or try knits such as fleece or minky for a slightly more difficult to sew but playful variation!
Complete your room with the other patterns in the a la Mod Lounge Collection, including the Armless Loveseat and Ottoman! Also available sized to fit 18-inch dolls.
Approximately 6 1/2 inches wide by 6 1/4 inches deep by 6 1/2 inches tall.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy
– 3 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 6 TEES, 4 ELBOWS (90°)
– Optional: spray paint for plastic, contact cement
FRAME COVER & CUSHIONS:
– 1/4 yard fabric for frame cover (cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy)
– 1/4 yard fabric for cushions (cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy, velour, fleece, minky) (Knit fabrics may increase difficulty level.)
– 6 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
– 18 1/2 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 9 1/4 inches of 3/4-inch wide tape cut in half lengthwise)
– 1-inch thick upholstery foam – Enough for one 5×5 1/2-inch pieces AND one 5×4-inch pieces
– Cardboard or lightweight chipboard – Enough for two 5 1/4 x 5 1/4-inch pieces AND two 5 1/4 x 4 1/4-inch pieces
– 2 beads or small knobs, each no more than 1/4 to 3/8-inch in diameter (Exact size needed will depend upon the thickness of your fabric and cardboard.)
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 47 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.