Build your 18-inch doll her own set of bunk beds from PVC pipe!
This PDF project pattern includes instructions to build a bunk bed just like you remember from summer camp featuring two stacked beds, each with its own fabric-covered foam mattress.
A bit narrower than the traditional twin bed and simple in design, this bed is perfect for a camp cabin or a smaller living space, especially since you can sleep two dolls at once! Removable center poles also allow this bed to be taken apart and used as two single beds. The complete bunk bed stands approximately 20 inches tall, 8 inches wide and 20 1/2 inches long. Individual beds stand about 9 inches tall at the highest point of the head and foot boards.
The 7-by-19-inch mattresses are made of upholstery foam with a zippered sewn cover to allow for easy laundering. Simply unzip the cover, remove the foam and toss the cover in the wash! Neat boxed corners on the cover add a realistic touch, with plenty of full color photo instructions to guide you through the construction process.
This pattern was designed to complement the Summer Camp Collection by Matilda's Closet, which includes a Bucket Hat, Mock Button-Front Shirt and Roll-Up Capris perfect for your little camper. The Happy Campers Sleeping Bags are also a nice fit!
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, ticking, lightweight denim
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
BUNK BED FRAME:
- Two 10-foot Schedule 40 Rigid 1/2-inch PVC pipes (Cut pieces total 18 feet, not accounting for waste.)
- PVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 28 tees, eight 4-ways (sometimes called side-outlet tees), 8 end caps (Pattern includes suggested sources for harder-to-find fittings, such as the 4-ways.)
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- 2/3 yard fabric (cotton, ticking, lightweight denim, cotton duck, lightweight canvas)
- 1-inch thick upholstery foam (enough for two 7x19-inch slabs)
- Two 12-inch vinyl zippers
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 26 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!