Have your WellieWishers and Hearts for Hearts dolls been shivering and shaking with cold? Now you can warm them up with the Fog Chaser Coat from Forever 18 Inches! The coat features simple lines with just enough detail to satisfy vinyl fashionistas and their human friends, and an unlined skirt to streamline the sewing process. The coat has been sized to fit over other doll clothing for authentic play. Features include three design options: a hooded coat with a gathered skirt and rolled cuffs, a coat with a collar, and a pleated alternative that allows the use of slightly heavier fabrics. All coat bodices and sleeves are fully lined, and attach to an unlined skirt. The front closes with button-covered snaps. Make your own customized version by mixing the interchangeable hood, collar, gathers, or pleats. Cuffs can also be added by choosing the longer sleeve length. What are you waiting for? Sew a coat or two up now--your dolls want to run outside and play!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14-14.5 inch dolls such as Hearts For Hearts Girls® and WellieWishers™.
Recommended Fabrics: Woven fabrics made from natural fibers are recommended. The lightweight woven fabric such as soft cotton lawn, batiste, or standard lining fabric. main fabric for Options 1 and 2 should have a tight weave and the weight of a medium-weight quilter's cotton. Option 3 main fabrics can be slightly heavier choices such as lightweight wool, twill, or medium-weight denim. For the Lining,
Fabric Requirements for the Main Fabric:
- Option 1: ½ yd. of 45" wide woven fabric such as medium-weight quilter's cotton
- Option 2: 1/3 yd. of 45" wide woven fabric such as medium-weight quilter's cotton
- Option 3: 1/3 to ½ yd. of 45" woven fabric such as lightweight wool, twill, or medium-weight denim. (Use 1/3 yd. for a coat with a collar, and ½ yd. for a coat with a hood.)
Fabric Requirements for the Lining Fabric:
All Options: ¼ yd. of lightweight woven fabric such as soft cotton lawn, batiste, or standard lining fabric.
1. Matching thread
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances.
3. Two or three ¼" buttons
4. Two or three medium-sized snaps
5. Optional: contrasting thread for topstitching
6. Optional: Fray Check
7. Optional: a hemostat for turning the Sleeves
8. Two 3/8" wide strips of lightweight interfacing OR two ¼" wide strips of Steam-A-Seam that are 6" long.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 48 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with Hearts For Hearts Girls® or WellieWishers™.