Even if the weather outside is frightful, your 18-inch dolls will find it delightful with this cute little snow sled from AptOne8!
This intermediate-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building the sled frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a removable fabric seat secured with hook-and-loop tape.
Make this sleigh-style sled with sturdy fabrics such as denim or corduroy for serious play ... or dress it up in velvet or other more festive fabrics for a holiday scene.
Approximately 6 1/2 inches wide by 13 1/2 inches long by 6 inches tall
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, denim, corduroy, velvet
- One 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipe - 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 78 inches, not accounting for waste)
- CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 18 tees, two 45° elbows, eight 90° elbows, two end caps
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick, power drill and 1/8-inch drill bit. (Drill and bit are optional; used for drilling holes in the sled handle. Alternative method offered for those without a drill.)
- 1/2 yard fabric (cotton, denim, corduroy, velvet)
- 12 1/2 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape (or 20 inches of 3/8-inch wide hook-and-loop tape)
- Quilt batting (enough for one 16x13-inch piece)
- Chipboard or sturdy cardboard (enough for one 4 1/4x7 3/4-inch piece)
- 1 yard jute, string or ribbon (for sled rope)
- Tools needed: Sewing machine, iron & ironing board, seam gauge
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 39 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!