Create a doll-sized teepee for hours of imaginative play, inside or out. Makes a great hideaway or alternative to a more traditional tent.
This intermediate-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building the teepee frame from CPVC pipe and flexible poly tubing (found in most plumbing supply departments), as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a fully-lined fabric cover secured with a combination of fabric tabs and cording.
Options for the teepee's exterior include the two-toned cover shown on the front page or a solid panel version made from a single fabric. Features include flaps covering the rounded door, with elastic bands and buttons used as tie-backs.
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Approximately 26 inches wide by 36 inches tall
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, lightweight denim, broadcloth
- Two 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipes - 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 16 feet, not accounting for waste)
- CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 15 tees
- 8 feet of 1/2-inch (OD)* x 3/8-inch (ID)** flexible poly tubing (typically found with plumbing supplies)
- 1 inch of 5/8-inch (OD) x 1/2-inch (ID) flexible poly tubing
- One 3/8-inch (ID) nylon hose barb (splicer)
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick, hair dryer (for heating poly tubing when assembling frame), fine point permanent marker
*(OD) = outer diameter
**(ID) = inner diameter
- 2 1/3 yards fabric for teepee exterior (2/3 yard for lower section, 1 2/3 yards for upper section) - cotton, lightweight denim or broadcloth. Yardage based on 44-inch wide fabric. Additional yardage may be needed for directional or patterned fabrics.
- 3 yards fabric for teepee lining
- 10 inches of 1/4-inch wide elastic
- 1 yard extra-wide double fold bias tape
- Two 3/8- to 1/2-inch wide post-style buttons
- 2 small cord locks
- 3 yards cording or jute (Check to make sure the cording or jute fits your cord lock and that the cord lock does not slip easily when cinched.)
- Tools needed: Sewing machine, iron & ironing board, loop turner, seam gauge
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 66 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!