Store and carry all of your favorite sewing or project tools with this portable tote created especially for kids!
This PDF project plan includes instructions for building a lightweight, easy-to-carry tote from 1/2-inch PVC pipe. In addition to the tote frame, instructions include pattern pieces and step-by-step photos to guide the confident beginning sewist through construction of the fabric storage area at the base of the tote. Options include a separate base insert to lend stability, as well as a sewn-in, "invisible" version for the more advanced sewist. Features include six exterior pockets with elasticized openings to help keep all of your smaller items safely tucked away until you need them.
Tillie's Tool Tote makes a great gift, especially if you fill it with tools and supplies for your favorite little crafter!
Base Tote: 11 in. long x 7 inches wide x 5 inches tall
Overall: 11 inches long x 7 inches wide x 12 inches tall
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck
- One 10-foot Schedule 40 rigid 1/2-inch PVC pipe (cut pieces total approximately 8 feet, not accounting for waste).
- PVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): six 3-ways, four 4-ways, 4 elbows (45°)
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick, rubber mallet
- 1/2 to 2/3 yard main fabric (cotton, lightweight denim - must be able to sew through six layers of your chosen fabric at one time) for tote exterior
- 1/2 to 2/3 yard fabric (cotton, lightweight denim) for lining
- For optional base insert: chipboard, cardboard or 1/8-inch plywood (approximately 5x9 inches)
- Tools needed: T-square, box cutter or X-ACTO knife, self-healing mat, sewing machine, loop turner
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 46 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!