"Island Princess" is a PDF sewing pattern designed to make a very special outfit to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl® and similar sized dolls like Tonner My Imagination®. Turn your doll into an exotic Hawaiian princess with this stunning and creative ensemble. Hear the waves as she walks along the beach in her diaphanous chiffon dress. Shelter her head from the sun with a beautifully embellished reversible hat. And for the cooler nights, she can wear her floral ruffled overdress to complete the look.
The pattern includes detailed step by step instructions with photo illustrations.
With this pattern you can make:
Recommended Fabrics: Medium weight cotton, cotton print, chiffon
• ½ yard chiffon for the dress.
• ½ yard neutral cotton for the linings, petticoat, and hat.
• 1 yard cotton print for the overdress and hat.
• ½ yard contrast cotton print for the overdress embellishments and hat flower.
• ½ yard ¼” wide elastic for the petticoat and dress sleeves.
• 1 yard ¾” wide trim for the petticoat.
• 1/3 yard Venise trim for the dress collar.
• Tacky® glue.
• 2 flat buttons for the hat.
• 12 closed jump rings (used in jewelry making) for the hat.
• 2 yards ¼” wide ribbon for the hat tie and sash.
• Buttons or snaps for the dress and overdress.
• 2 artificial flower pistils.
• 2” x 2” green felt for the flowers.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 28 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
It's a beautiful gown, both with, and without the overdress. And while there are lots of beautiful dresses out there, I have never seen a sleeve constructed like this -- Like it was designed by a magician. Great instructions made it easy to follow, too. I think the underdress makes a perfect Clara, from The Nutcracker. The overdress changes it entirely to make a beautiful garden party dress. Love sewing this designer's patterns!