You can use this PDF sewing pattern to make a very special outfit designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl.
Revive the beauty and romance of Jane Austen's novels with these stunning Regency era gowns.
You can either make a night gown featuring a sheer overlay or a simple but lovely day dress complete with bonnet, gloves and stockings.
In this pattern I give away my seamstress secrets so that people who do sewing for a living can achieve a perfect balance between stunning quality and speed and thus increase their hourly income.
As you can see in the examples, you can come up with really interesting fabric combinations.
The pattern includes detailed step by step instructions with photo illustrations.
With this pattern you can make:
- Day gown
- Night gown
This pattern is also available for 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™.
Recommended Fabrics: Cotton print, embroidered netting
• 20” x 20” felt for the bonnet.
• 15” x 15” stretch fabric for the stockings and gloves.
• 1/2 yard cotton print for the gown.
• 1/2 yard lace for the overlay and gloves.
• 1 fat quarter cotton for the linings.
• 1 yard ½” wide lace trim for the gown plus another yard for the overlay.
• Buttons or snaps.
• 1/4 yard 1” wide stretch lace trim for the gloves.
• 1/2 yard braided gimp for the bonnet brim.
• 1/2 yard fancy trim to apply around the bonnet.
• 2 yards ribbon for the bonnet ties and for the sash.
• Artificial flowers to decorate the bonnet.
• Tacky glue.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 26 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
This pattern is inspired by 13-14th century England and Western Europe Medieval clothes worn by...