Let the party begin! Your favorite doll is dressed and ready in this new dress by My AG Doll Creations. The short puffy sleeves mirror the pattern featured in the open lace work in the full skirt of this pretty dress.
Embellish the extended waist-line with ribbon bows, jewels, or whatever your imagination creates. Pair it with the shorter purse and you are ready to go. This may seem like a complicated pattern but it is actually quite easy.
It is knit from the neck down so all you have are the sleeve and back seams to sew. You will notice that the pattern does not include buttonholes. I have found that if small enough buttons are used they fit nicely through the stitches. Or you may choose to use snaps in the placket and put the buttons on the outside for looks. Either way is very attractive.
The sweater features the same short sleeves and the rib stitch on the body makes it perfect for wearing over skirts and of course pants. Turn it around for a different look as a cardigan. Pair it with the longer purse for a day on the town. Included with the pattern are the instructions for a tulle half slip. It really fills out the skirt and shows off the pretty open lace design. Not to worry if you don't have a sewing machine as it can easily be sewn by hand. It's the little things like the slip that really make the dress special and perfect for your next party!
This pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Yarns: Sirdar® DK, Bernat® Softee® Baby, Loops & Three® Kai™, Hayfield® Baby Sparlke™
- Approximately 2 oz (57 gm) of any Size 3 yarn for the dress
- Approximately 1 oz. (29 gm) of any Size 3 yarn for the sweater
- Approximately 1/3 oz. (8 g) of any Size 3 yarn for the purse
- Size 6US (4mm) circular needles - Size 3US (3.75 mm) straight knitting needles
- 4 stitch ring markers - 5 buttons (1/4” - 3/8”) for the dress
- 5 buttons (1/4” - 3/8”) for the sweater
- 5 snaps (optional) - Row counter (optional) - Yarn needle
- Sewing needle and thread
- 2 pieces of tulle 10” x 25” (25.4 cm x 63.5 cm)
- Ribbon or other embellishment for the dress
- Button or other embellishment for the purse
- 10” of 1/4” elastic for the slip
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 25 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF knitting pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!
I loved the pattern and how well it was written. You can’t mess up with this pattern.
This pattern was very easy to follow. I've made two of the dresses and plan to make another. Then I'm going to buy another pattern by the same designer.