Create a beautiful new look for Spring for your 18-inch dolls! This is a sewing pattern includes both a dress and shrug. This outfit is perfect for when the weather starts to warm but retains a bit of a chill. Wrap your doll up with something that helps with the windy days of springtime but has the promise of sun.
- The dress design features princess lines on both the front and back of the bodice that open up into pleats creating a tulip shape in the skirt. The dress is sleeveless and has a heart-shaped neckline. This dress can be made with a zipper or with hook and loop tape or with snaps for the closure in back.
- The shrug is one piece (dolman style) with long sleeves. The shrug wraps in front to form an inverted V with the overlap edges extending to the shoulder area where it is snapped on each side. A button is sewn on the overlap on the outside for accent. The shrug can be made from fleece knit for a sweater like effect, or from a heavyweight stable knit such as a Ponte knit or a sweatshirt fabric like French terry. The pattern has options for finishing the edges of the shrug. For this pattern, it is best to select 2-way stretch knits that are stable and have a maximum stretch of 25 to 30% on the cross grain.
Dress - woven cotton or cotton blends. Shrug - fleece, french terry, 2-way stretch medium knits
- 1/3 yard of fleece or stable 2-way stretch knit fabric with 25% stretch on the cross grain
- 1/3 yard of woven fabric cotton or a cotton blend
- 5½ inch length of hook and loop tape
- 5 snaps
- One ½ inch button for the shrug
- Thread to match colors of fabrics
- ¼ yard of contrast 2-way stretch knit fabric for bias strips –(option for shrug)
- ½ yard contrast woven fabric for the bias strips – (option for shrug)
- One 7-inch coil zipper to match fashion fabric - (option for dress closure
Skill Level: Advanced Beginner
What You Get: One 54 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®