Build a doll-sized market stand perfectly sized for 14- to 18-inch dolls such as WellieWishers™ and American Girl™! Play options are limited only by your imagination… create a lemonade stand, ice cream shop, bake sale, craft fair booth, farmer’s market … whatever you can dream up!
The market stand is made from PVC pipe, which includes fabric panels on the base of the stand frame and a fabric canopy at the top of the stand, as well as a removable countertop and signage. The base fabric panels as well as the upper canopy are lined. The instructional photos show the base panels lined with the same fabric used on the panel fronts; however, the lining fabric used for the canopy could also be used to line the base panels. Suggested cutting layouts are provided for both options.
The base panels and canopy are attached to the frame using fabric tabs. It is recommended that you choose fabric for the tabs that closely matches the color of your PVC pipe frame. The countertop is constructed of a combination of foam core and heavy chipboard. The sign is also backed by chipboard and held in place by elastic straps. A variety of printable sign options are provided … or design your own for added fun!
This downloadable PDF project is suitable for most confident beginners. No power tools needed!
Overall: Approximately 11 inches wide by 20 1/2 inches tall by 5 inches deep
Counter Height: 8 inches
Recommended Fabrics: Sturdy cotton, lightweight denim, lightweight cotton duck, lightweight canvas
– One 10-foot Schedule 40 Rigid PVC pipe – 1/2 inch (Cut pieces total approximately 9 1/2 feet, not accounting for waste)
– PVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): Two 3-WAYS, six 4-WAYS, 2 TEES and four ELBOWS (90°)
– Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
FABRIC BASE & CANOPY:
– 1/4 yard fabric for base panels (sturdy cotton, lightweight denim, lightweight cotton duck, lightweight canvas)
– 1/6 yard fabric for canopy (sturdy cotton, lightweight denim, lightweight cotton duck, lightweight canvas)
– Scrap contrasting fabric for canopy
– 1/6 yard lining fabric (cotton)
– 1/4 yard fabric to match PVC frame (sturdy cotton, lightweight denim, lightweight cotton duck, lightweight canvas)
– 10 inches of 1/4-inch wide elastic
– One 8.5×11-inch sheet of medium- to heavy-weight chipboard
– One 20×30-inch sheet of foam core (or enough to cut one 11×5-inch piece and four 9×3 1/8-inch pieces)
– Craft glue (such as Aleene’s Quick Dry Tacky Glue)
– Paper & color printer (optional)
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Rotary cutter, clear acrylic quilting ruler & self-helping mat (optional)
– T-square and box cutter or knife
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
– Iron & ironing board
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 47 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.