Is your American Girl doll ready for a new party dress? She will be the hit of the party with this trendy Colorblock dress! Included with this PDF pattern are instruction for making a cute corsage!
-1/4 yd. fabric for skirt lining and waistband
-1/4 yd. fabric for skirt overlay – Pick a netting or sheer fabric.
-Fabric scrap for bodice andbodice lining
-hook and loop tape
-12" by 3/4" fabric scrap from skirt overlay
-Hand sewing needle
Skill Level: This is a fun and easy pattern!
What You Get: One 13 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
great pattern for a basic dress.....have made 6 different versions using it...
Kudos to this designer for making such an adorable dress pattern. The scale is perfect for 18 inches!! I loved learning how to make a corsage flower. To view my rendition of this pattern, please visit AdollablebyRita on Etsy.com. I like to fill my shop with adorable creations and this pattern definitely created a winner!!!
This pattern has a great fit for my American Girl doll. This has proven to be a great go-to pattern for me. Easy to follow pattern with great results.
I must have missed something because I had a hard time with the pattern. Even though I cut accurately, the bodice turned out too tight for the intended doll. I had to figure out for myself how to turn the bodice right side out. The waist band and lining turned out to be not long enough to match the bodice. I cut from the pattern twice and still couldn't get it to fit. Finally, I bought 1.5 inch ribbon and used that for the waistband with a cotton for the lining. Granted, I was using a slippery satin fabric so that probably had an impact on my ability to produce the garment. The dress turned out really adorable and my daughter loves it. If I made it again, I'd use a non-satin.