Create a simple upholstered ottoman for your 18-inch doll with this a la Mod Lounge Collection furniture pattern!
This downloadable PDF project includes pattern pieces and instructions for building a doll-sized ottoman with a CPVC base covered in fabric, as well as attached fabric-covered cushion connected to the base using glue applied with a hot glue gun. Step-by-step construction photos are included to help with assembly. This project is easy enough for most beginners … no power tools needed!
Choose woven fabrics for easier sewing or try knits such as fleece or minky for a slightly more difficult to sew but playful variation!
Complete your room with the other patterns in the a la Mod Lounge Collection, including the Armless Loveseat and Armless Chair! Also available sized to fit 14.5-inch dolls such as WellieWishers™.
Approximately 6 1/2 inches wide by 6 1/2 inches deep by 3 1/2 inches tall.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy
– 2 feet of almond color CPVC CTS pipe – 1/2 inch
– CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 4 ELBOWS (90°)
– Optional: contact cement
BASE COVER & CUSHION:
– 8×16-inch pieces of fabric for frame cover (cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy)
– 8×22-inch piece of fabric for cushion cover (cotton, denim, canvas, corduroy, velour, fleece, minky) (Knit fabrics may increase difficulty level.)
– 2-inch thick upholstery foam – Enough for one 6 1/2 x6 1/2-inch piece OR 1-inch thick upholstery foam – Enough for two 6 1/2×6 1/2-inch pieces
– Cardboard or lightweight chipboard – Enough for two 6 1/4 x 6 1/4-inch pieces
– 4 beads or small knobs, each approximately 1/4 to 3/8-inch in diameter
– Hot glue gun & glue sticks
– Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
– Measuring tape or yardstick
– Sewing machine
– Seam gauge
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Skill Level: Beginner
What You Get: One 25 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
The instructions were good and the pictures helped. My granddaughter loves pink so I made them in various pink materials and used a fuzzy material for the ottoman top. She just received them for her 7th birthday and loved them. There was a mistake on the lengths of pvc pipe needed for the chair but we figured out how to correct it. The creator of these pieces spent lots of time creating the instructions and making sure the patterns worked. Thanks so much!