If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The style also favours a lot of layering. These shoes can be used as a footwear for Mori Girl style, but also work as cute, everyday shoes!
These shoes coordinate with other KeLibu Mori Girl patterns designed to fit 18 inch dolls, such as the Mori Girl Collared Dress and the Mori Girl Winter Outfit.
These shoes are compatible with Shape 1 and Shape 4 Pixie Pack precut soles.
Recommended Fabrics: leather or vinyl
• 10 ¼ inch W by 3 ½ inch H piece of light to mid-weight leather or vinyl with some give*
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of lightweight coordinating fabric for the insoles
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H piece of 2 mm foam OR cork for the outer soles
• 3 ½ inch W by 3 inch H of chipboard or cardboard (a cereal box works great!) for the inner soles
• 2 pieces of hook tape that are ½ inch W by ¾ inch H and two pieces of loop tape that are 3/8 inch W by ¾ inch H
• Optional – 2 inches of 1/8 inch wide ribbon if not using vinyl/leather for the bow detail
• Optional – 16 inches of 3/16 wide craft foam (2 mm), cork (thin) as trim for soles OR the vinyl leather used to make the uppers
• Optional – double-sided tape
• Leather/vinyl needle
• Matching thread
• Hand stitching needle
• Hot glue gun and/or craft glue
• Doll feet to use for fitting
• Gift wrap tape. I use Scotch Magic Tape.
• Optional: Mod Podge Matte or white glue if you are using cork for the soles to seal the cork
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 25 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!