If you see a girl that looks as though she is a fairy tale forest dweller who has just stepped out of an enchanted wood, chances are good you’ve spotted a Mori Girl. Born in Japan as a subculture, Mori Girl style embodies living in the moment and living in harmony with nature.
Mori (meaning forest) Girl style is all about natural fibres and colours from nature – creams, browns, greens and autumnal oranges, reds and yellows. The dress features ruffled layers and a clean looking, zipper-style hook and loop closure in the back. Also included is a Slip Skirt. Mori style favours a lot of layering and the Slip Skirt works perfectly under the dress. This dress can be used as a ‘foundation layer’ for Mori Girl style, but also works as a cute, everyday dress.
Can’t get enough Mori Girl Style? Check out these other KeLibu patterns for 18 inch dolls: Collared Dress, Shrug, and Bow Flats.
Recommended Fabrics: Cotton or cotton blends, mesh, lace
• 1/4 yard of light weight cotton as a main fabric (Bodice, Body and Upper Ruffle)
• 15 inches by 4 ¼ inches light weight cotton/blends for the bodice lining
• 35 inches by 3 ¼ of soft mesh, lace, lace trim or a complementary colour of cotton/blends for the Under Ruffle
• 20 inches of lace/trim. It can be narrow or wide, depending on the look you’re going for.
• 13 inches of ¼ - 3/8 inch wide ribbon
• 30 inches by 3 ½ inches of light weight cotton or blends for the Top Tier and Bottom Inner
• 30 inches by 5 inches of soft mesh or lace fabric for the Bottom Outer. Note that tulle will not work.
• 11 inches of 3/8 inch wide elastic
• Universal/sharp sewing machine needle
• Matching thread
• Pinking shears or pinking rotary blade (optional but helpful)
• Bodkin or safety pin to thread elastic through waistband channel
• Fray block or lighter to heat seal ribbon
Bonus Flower Embellishment
• 8 ½ inches of 1 inch wide fabric same/similar colour of the main colour in your dress
• 9+ inches of ½ - 1 inch wide lace or ribbon in a neutral or complementary colour
• 11 inches of 2 inch wide fabric, lace, trim, mesh etc. in a neutral colour
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 48 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
I love the Mori Look, and I love how Kelibu bring the look into her patterns. Each dress can have a look of its own depending on the lace you choose. Very well written pattern and I love the pictures that always go along with her patterns. Traci is always there if you have a problem just ask and she will answer. I can't wait to sew a few more. Lace shopping is so much fun now too.