Your doll will love curling up in this cute and cozy Papasan Chair ... the perfect addition to her bedroom, dorm room or recreation area!
This PDF project pattern includes beginner-level instructions to make a chair frame from CPVC pipe, as well as step-by-step photo instructions to create the round cushion on top. The cushion attaches to the frame using fabric tabs with hook-and-loop tape, which means you could make a variety of cushions to use with the same frame. Hand-sewn tufting adds realistic detail and helps shape the seat.
This project goes together easily for most beginners, making it a great option for those new to using PVC pipe or if you need a quick and easy gift for your favorite doll-lover!
Cushion Diameter: Approximately 12 inches
Chair: Approximately 9 inches wide, 9 inches deep, 7 inches tall
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, lightweight denim, corduroy, fleece, fake fur
- One 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipe - 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 47 inches, not accounting for waste)
- CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 6 tees, ten 45° elbows, four 90° elbows
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick
- 1/2 yard fabric for cushion (cotton, lightweight denim, corduroy, fleece, fake fur)
- 1/6 yard fabric for tabs (cotton, denim, corduroy - not suitable for fluffy or bulky fabrics)
- 1/2-inch thick quilt batting (enough for two 13x13-inch pieces)
- 8 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
- Thread (regular sewing thread plus optional heavy-duty quilting thread for tying tufts)
- Optional - tissue paper (1 large sheet)
- Tools needed: Sewing machine, iron & ironing board
Skill Level: Beginner
What You Get: One 29 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
Like the pattern, looki.g forward to making it. Got all of the itemsit to make it s to make it
i have made all the pieces but it doesn't fit it is to small the material part
I tested this chair Matilda JO. Easy chair to put together with the CPVC pipe. The Cushion/pillow sews up quick and easy. Directions as always easy to follow. I will definitely be making more soon.
This is a great easy project that will make you a hit with any little girl. Easy step by step instructions that will leaving you wanting to make more. Thank You AptOne8.