Invite all of your 18-inch friends over because it's time for a backyard pool party! Build a realistic doll-sized swimming pool from CPVC pipe, add your favorite accessories and get ready to make a splash! (Not suitable for actual water ... just add imagination.)
This confident beginner-level PDF pattern download includes step-by-step photo instructions for building an oval pool frame from CPVC pipe, as well as pattern pieces and instructions for sewing a nylon liner attached to the frame with fabric tabs.
Non-fraying rip-stop nylon fabric is recommended for the pool liner, though a 4-by-6-foot tarp or sturdy nylon shower curtain may be substituted.
This pattern is part of the Pool Party Collection by AptOne8. Look for additional patterns including a chaise lounge chair and a lifeguard chair.
For more pool party fun, check out the Doll Tag Clothing Swim Rings pattern and the Peppermint Sticks Splash Zone swimsuit pattern.
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Approximately 14 1/2 inches wide by 27 inches long by 8 1/2 inches tall
Recommended Fabrics: rip-stop nylon
- One 10-foot almond color CPVC CTS pipe - 1/2 inch (cut pieces total approximately 9 feet, not accounting for waste)
- CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 14 tees
- 7 feet of 5/8" (OD*) x 1/2" (ID**) flexible poly tubing (preferred choice) or clear vinyl tubing. (Look for it in the plumbing section.)
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick
*(OD) = outer diameter
**(ID) = inner diameter
- 5/6 yard non-fraying fabric (rip-stop nylon, nylon tarp or good quality vinyl shower curtain) Not suitable for fabrics which fray.
- Tools needed: Sewing machine, seam gauge, 1/4-inch sewing machine presser foot (optional but recommended)
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 47 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
Flossie Potter's "1950s Swimsuit and Retro Swim Cap" bundled set includes two full patterns bundled...
This pattern is amazing. After reading through the directions, it was really not hard to put together. All pieces lined up well and went together pretty quickly. Anticipate making more pvc items. My granddaughters loved it.
Absolutely loved how this project turned out! Easy to follow directions. Looks like an actual pool I used to have. Can't wait to see my nieces faces on Christmas!
Loved making this pattern. Easy to follow all the way from the framework to the liner. I forsee lots of summer fun dolly play ahead with this pattern.