Sweeten up your 18-inch doll's bedroom with this traditional curved canopy bed from the AptOne8 Suite Dreams Collection.
This PDF project download includes instructions for building a curved canopy bed frame from PVC pipe. Tips for prepping your pipes are included, as well as step-by-step construction photos to help with assembly. No power tools needed!
Also included are pattern pieces and detailed instructions for creating a foam mattress with a fabric cover. The cover features a zippered opening for easy removal and laundering. Quilted fabric is recommended for a more realistic look, as well as the addition of optional piping around the edges. The bed frame is designed to accommodate two stacked mattresses, making it easy to add the included pleated bed skirt. Also included are instructions for a matching pleated canopy top.
This bed is compatible with the AptOne8 Suite Dreams Collection: Basic Bedding Set, available separately at Pixie Faire, which will help you create fitted and flat sheets, a pillowcase, a reversible comforter and an alternate bed skirt.
APPROXIMATE FINISHED DIMENSIONS: 10 inches wide by 22 inches long by 17 1/4 inches tall at the highest point
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: BEDDING: cotton, gingham, broadcloth; MATTRESS: pre-quilted cotton, ticking
- Fabric: 1 1/6 yard main fabric (cotton, gingham or broadcloth); 1 yard lining fabric
- 12 inches of 3/4-inch wide hook-and-loop tape
- Recommended tools: pinking shears, seam gauge
- Fabric: 2/3 yard (pre-quilted cotton, cotton, muslin, broadcloth, ticking)
- Upholstery foam - 1 inch thick: 10x20 inches
- Vinyl zipper: 7-inch
- Optional: Bias tape maxi piping: 2-4 yards
- Two 10-foot Schedule 40 rigid 1/2-inch PVC pipes
- PVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): Three 3-WAYS, four 4-WAYS, 22 TEES, eight ELBOWS (22.5°)
- Optional: sandpaper (medium and fine grit), spray paint for plastic, contact cement
- Tools Needed: small PVC pipe cutter, measuring tape or yardstick
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 66 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!
I had to order some of the special PVC parts before I can assemble it, but the parts won't be here until tomorrow. They (Matilda Jo) mailed them over the holiday weekend so that I would receive them in 2-3 days. I give them 5 out of 5 stars *****