The steampunk movement is built on Victorian science fiction and fashion. As such, steampunk fashion uses the Victorian and Edwardian eras as a basis and builds from there. No steampunk outfit would be complete without some fashionable accessories. Using this pattern, you can make a Waist Cincher to dress up any steampunk outfit! Looks great with modern outfits too.
Part of the Steampunk Separates collection, this cincher can be mixed and matched with other KeLibu Steampunk Separates patterns, and is also available in the Kelibu Steampunks Separates bundle.
Recommended Fabrics: Leather or vinyl
• 7 5/8 inch by 7 inch piece of light weight leather or vinyl with some give (If your vinyl or leather doesn’t stretch at least a tiny bit, it won’t work well for this project)
• 3 x 5/8 inch jump rings
• 5 x 1/8 inch wide brads
• Glue such as Craft Goop
• 1 inch by 3/8 inch pieces of hook and loop tape* OR
• 2 x 5 mm sew-in snaps* and a 1 inch long piece of ¼ inch wide ribbon
• Trim and embellishments (optional)
• ¼ to ½ inch wide ribbon (optional – used to cover up brad prongs on the inside of the Waist Cincher)
*You can use either hook and loop tape or sew-in snaps as the closure for the cincher. The sew-in snaps make a sturdier closure.
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 23 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!