Your 14.5-inch friend will be feeling at least “a lil’ bit country” with this ruffled pull-on dress featuring several variations.
Create the full dress in two different lengths, with or without a ruffle at the hem. Or if you prefer, stitch up separates. Included are two options for the top – one with a built-in elasticized ruffled waist and another slightly longer version with a straight hem, intended to be tucked in or belted. Other options include the simple pull-on skirt, which can be made with or without the ruffled hem.
Thanks to an elasticized waist and generous cut, dressing your doll is very easy … no closures needed! This downloadable PDF pattern set also includes two different belt patterns to accessorize your outfit – the Fabric Buckled Belt, which can be made with fabric or ribbon, and the Leather Snapped Belt, which conveniently snaps in the back.
Depending upon the variations chosen, this project goes together quickly and is suitable for confident beginner to intermediate-level sewists.
This pattern is also available sized for 18-inch dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, chambray, gingham, lightweight denim
• 1/3 yard woven fabric (cotton, chambray, gingham, lightweight denim – best results obtained from fabrics which hold a crease well when ironed)
• 1/4-inch wide elastic, as follows:
DRESS: 12 inches
SHIRT-RUFFLED HEM: 13 inches
SHIRT-STRAIGHT HEM: 7 inches
SKIRT: 5 inches
FABRIC BUCKLED BELT:
• Scrap woven fabric (cotton, denim)
• Buckle to fit 1/2-inch belt
LEATHER SNAPPED BELT:
• Leather or vinyl scraps – enough to cut a 8×3/8-inch strip
• Buckle to fit 3/8-inch belt
• One snap set – 3/8-inch diameter or smaller (such as the metal Fashion Spring #14 snaps from KAMsnaps)
• Snap setting tools (such as the DK93 Wide-Clearance KAM Snap Press with die set for metal snaps)
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 40 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with WellieWishers™