Your favorite 18-inch friend will be ready to hit the beach with this quick and easy chair made from PVC pipe!
Easy enough for beginners, this PDF pattern includes step-by-step photo instructions to help you build the PVC chair frame using readily available tools. Included are helpful instructions for preparing the PVC for construction, as well as advice and tips for those who want to glue and/or paint the chair frame before adding the seat.
Next you'll stitch up the easy, two-piece chair seat with the option of using two different fabrics so your chair will be reversible simply by sliding off the seat and turning it around.
A great first project for beginning sewists, as well as those new to working with tools or PVC pipe!
NOTE: Some plumbing materials used in this pattern may be unavailable in your local hardware stores but can generally be found online. Links to suggested suppliers are included on the designer's website, which is noted in the pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck, lightweight canvas
- 4 feet of Almond Color CPVC CTS 1/2-inch pipe
- CPVC 1/2-inch fittings (slip): 4 tees, 4 90° elbows, 2 end caps
- Optional: Regular clear PVC cement, spray paint for plastic
- 1/2 yard sturdy woven fabric (such as cotton, lightweight denim, cotton duck or lightweight canvas) or enough for two pieces 13 inches tall by 6 1/8 inches wide cut parallel to the grain
- Small handheld PVC pipe cutter, hacksaw or miter saw
- Measuring tape or yardstick
Skill Level: Beginner
What You Get: One 19 page PVC project pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Craft!