The Easy Peasy All Season Jacket is a versatile, user-friendly pattern for all seamstresses. It's perfect for those who participate on Etsy and craft shows and need unfussy projects, and easy enough for newer seamstresses. This is a project that sews up quickly: no facings, no lining, optional sleeves, and the flexibility of using woven fabrics or knits! For those who want to make a simple Fifties-style intermediate version, sleeves and belt tabs can be added/substituted. The directions have been written comprehensively with many explanatory details for those who are newer to sewing. An experienced seamstress will probably be able to construct the jacket just by reading the instructions highlighted in bold text. Happy sewing!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight woven fabrics such as quilter's cotton, lightweight denim, chintz, chambray, or corduroy; lightweight knit fabrics with a moderate one-way stretch (no more than 40%).
Fabric Requirements: Lightweight woven or one-way stretch knits. Knits should have a moderate (no more than 40% ) stretch. If in doubt, think: "Men's Hane's Tee Shirt!"
- Option 1: 1/4 yd. of fabric
- Option 2: 1/3 yd. of fabric
- Option 3: 1/4 yd. of fabric
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances.
3. Graph Paper to make the pattern for the Optional Self Tie
4. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller)
5. If using a knit fabric: a 14" long piece of ¼" wide Stay Tape (1/2" wide Stay Tape can be cut lengthwise, or a ¼" wide strip of very lightweight interfacing can also be used.)
6. Optional: Fray Check for woven fabrics that tend to fray
In addition, Options 1 & 2 need:
1. 2/3 yd. of narrow cord or ribbon for the Drawstring
In addition, Option 3 needs:
1. Two ¼” buttons
2. Optional: a hemostat for turning the Tabs
Skill Level: Easy and Intermediate
What You Get: One 34 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!