You don’t have to like math in order to like this pattern! The dress and jumper have been named in honor of the two geometric shapes they use: a square and a circle. The square neck has an inset panel that can be cut on the bias or straight grain, and the closely fitted bodice is attached to a full circle skirt. Two sets of cutting lines have been provided for the Dress and Jumper. As an added bonus, an easy pattern for a circular petticoat with a crunchy tulle hem is also included for an authentic blast to the past!
Special Note - This pattern is designed to fit a Kidz N Cats Doll specifically and will not fit the standard 18 inch doll such as American Girl Doll. A KNC doll is 18 inches tall but has a much slimmer hard plastic body. You can see more info on our Doll Measurements page.
To view this pattern for AG dolls, click here.
Recommended Fabrics: Dress: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a tight weave and bit of drape Jumper: Lightweight denim, corduroy, sateen, twill, or wool. It should have some drape. Lining: Lightweight fabric with a tight weave
1. Matching thread
2. Three medium-sized snaps OR two pieces of thin ¼” wide Velcro®, about 3 ½” long
3. Eight ¼” buttons (jumper only)
4. Optional (but extremely helpful): a hemostat (with grippers about 5 ½” long)
5. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances
6. Fray Check®
1. 8-1/2” of 5/8” elastic (regular or Foldover Elastic [FOE]). ¾” wide elastic will also work.
2. 3 yds. of 6” wide tulle (I recommend the type that comes on spools).
3. Matching thread
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 42 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!