The Charm School Dress is not only suited to a charm school class, but is perfect for an afternoon tea, a birthday party, and much more.
With three collar options and two hem lengths, and puffed sleeves or sleeveless options, this adorable dress offers multiple looks for your 18” dolls’ many social engagements!
Stitch it up in a solid cotton with lace, rick-rack, or soutache trim, or try a soft cotton print and coordinate the collar, cuffs, and hem band with a companion fabric for a darling effect.
You can accent the (mock) front opening with little buttons for a sweet double-breasted look, or add a little ribbon at the center of the collar.
Directions for making a fabric rose, a fabric bow, or an ascot for embellishment are included as a bonus.
Be sure to check out the coordinating Charm School Dress Collars and Cuffs Machine Embroidery Designs!
This pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight woven fabrics such as gingham, calico, batiste
• ¼ yd of lightweight woven fabric
• ¼ yd of batiste or lightweight woven fabric for collar, cuffs, and (optional) hem bands
• Thread to match both fabrics
• 4 ¼” buttons for mock front
• 7” non-snag hook and loop tape
• For Ascot tie: 1” wide grosgrain ribbon + 3/8” wide matching grosgrain ribbon
• For fabric rose: 1” width of fabric measuring 10” in length cut on straight grain
• For Ribbon bow: 1” wide ribbon measuring
• For View C: ¾ yd. of ruffled eyelet lace
• Turning tool, bodkin, or bamboo chopstick with pointed end
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: mini craft iron
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 52 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A four page summary of instructions is included to help save on printer ink. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
This pattern is inspired by 13-14th century England and Western Europe Medieval clothes worn by...
I loved testing this design for Frog Princess Fashions. It was easy to make, the instructions are clear and it fits so well. I love the designs Peggy comes out with and look forward to making more of this pattern as well as future ones.