This timeless classic dress pattern can take your doll from the 1960's to modern day. The dress is one piece that has the look of a two piece outfit. Create your dress to look like a top and skirt or a jumper and top. You can even create a three piece looking by creating a lace overlay. The pattern features belt carriers on the skirt section with instructions to make a belt from fabric, ribbon, or colorful elastic. This pattern provides options for several variations using different solids and prints. Be creative and have fun!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Bodice/Sleeves/Neckband: knits such has interlock knit and t-shirt knit Skirt/Belt Carriers/Belt: Woven fabric such as quilters' cotton, Kona cotton, lightweight denim, lightweight corduroy, knit with little stretch such as ponte knit Ovelay: Stretch lace
• Bodice – 1/4 yard interlock or t-shirt knit fabric
• Skirt/Belt Carriers– 1/6 yard or fat quarter woven fabric or knit fabric with limited stretch such as ponte knit
• Optional pocket – scrap of skirt fabric
• Optional heart applique – scrap of skirt fabric and scrap of fusible interfacing
• Optional sleeve bands – scrap of skirt fabric
• Belt –scrap of coordinating woven fabric or 3/8 - 1/2 inch wide ribbon or decorative elastic
• Back Closure – 4.5-inch length of 3/8-inch wide hook/loop tape (Wider hook/loop tape such as the 3/4 inch size may be cut in half lengthwise).
• Belt Closure – small piece of hook/loop tape or one snap
• Optional lace overlay and sleeves – 1/6 yard stretch lace
• 4 mini buttons
• Slide on belt buckle to accommodate 3/8” – 1/2” wide belt
• Matching and/or contrasting thread
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 34 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The Brunswick is one of several informal jackets popular in the later 18th century, derived...
Love this pattern, quick and easy to make. I like that you can get several different looks from one pattern. I even made a sleeveless version for a summer look.
I love this dress! So many options! Think of the cute applique you can add to make it yours. Well designed pattern, I enjoyed making it.
This dress is so adorable and very easy to make! The directions are so easy to follow and with the pictures you will not be disappointed with the results.