Warm summer days conjure up visions of green grass, tall glasses of cool lemonade, and checkered tablecloths spread with special picnic feasts. The next time your doll heads for the great outdoors with a loaded picnic basket she'll be dressed for the occasion with the Forever 18 inches Summer Picnic Crop Tops! The Summer Picnic patterns consist of two different cropped tops. The cropped tops have multiple cutting lines to accommodate the sizing variations that come with soft-bodied dolls, and feature options for a faux-buttoned front or a back closure, princess seams, a bottom band, and shoulder straps framed with ruffles.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®. Complete the look with the Forever 18 Inches Summer Picnic Paper Bag Shorts and Capris which are also available at Pixie Faire, or buy the bundle with both patterns to save! All you'll need are the ants!
Recommended Fabrics: Lighter-weight quilting cottons, lightweight chambray, seersucker, or other woven fabrics with a similar weight and drape. Not suitable for very lightweight or heavy- weight fabrics, or those with a tendency to fray.
- Crop Top w/Buttons: ¼ yd. of 45" wide fabric
- Crop Top w/Plain Front: 1/2 yd. of 45" wide fabric (assumes using striped fabric)
- Both Crop Top Options: 1/6 yd. of lightweight fabric (or equivalent scrap size) for the Lining, such as batiste or lawn
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread.
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim and clip seam allowances.
3. Optional: Fray Check
4. Optional: A tool for marking pleats and dots
5. Optional: A hemostat for turning the Bodice and Ties to the RIGHT side
For the Crop with Buttons Add:
1. One 5-1/4" long piece of ¼" elastic
2. Six ¼" buttons
3. Four medium-sized snaps OR Hook and Loop tape (about 2-1/2")
For the Crop Top with the Plain Front Add:
1. Two ¼" buttons
2. Two medium-sized snaps OR Hook and Loop tape (about 3")
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 36 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.
This pattern is inspired by 13-14th century England and Western Europe Medieval clothes worn by...
This pattern wasn't that difficult, but the photo showing the ruffle added appeared that only an inch or so of strap remained; further photos revealed more like 4 inches so don't panic. Also, ruffles say "on bias" put pic shows they are just on placed on the fold of fabric, widthwise. I have OG dolls and they are wider than the current AG dolls, more like the old AG dolls, so a good half inch or more needs to be added to chest on pattern. Really cute top.