This simple but stylish blouse by Forever 18 Inches, has it all: it’s pretty, it’s versatile, and it’s quick and easy to sew! Features include dropped dolman sleeves, a “V” neck and trendy loose fit, a back closure, two sleeve variations and a Bonus dress length.
Designed to be combined with the Forever 18 Inches Flirty Mini Skirt, the blouse can cross all seasons and take on a wide range of looks from casual to formal depending on the choice of fabrics.
Etsy shop owners, craft fair sellers, and indulgent doll owners, this pattern was designed for you!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: All Options: Soft, lightweight fabrics with a drape such as batiste, lawn, challis, lightweight quilter’s cotton, lightweight chambray, silk, soft shirting, or other similar fabrics
Options 1 and 2: 1/2 yd. of soft, lightweight fabrics with a drape such as batiste, lawn, challis, lightweight quilter’s cotton, lightweight chambray, silk, soft shirting, or other similar fabrics. The Bonus Dress will need 2/3 yd. of fabric.
Options 1 and 2 and Dress Length:
1. A small sturdy safety pin (Option 1 only)
2. Three medium-sized snaps OR Hook and Loop tape
3. Optional: 1/6 yd. (or large scrap) of very lightweight fusible interfacing
4. Two 4-1/4” long pieces of 1/8” wide elastic for Option 1, and two *7-1/2” long pieces of 1/8” wide elastic for Option 2
1. Matching and contrasting thread
2. A pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Optional: Fray Check®
4. A marking tool such as chalk or a Frixion® pen (the Frixion® pen mark disappears when dry heat is applied. Be sure to use it on the WRONG side of your garment!)
Skill Level: Easy
What You Get: One 30 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.
Great pattern, easily executed but very stylish. I also made the skirt but did not include the back seam. I plan to make another one with a zipper opening.