Warm summer days conjure up visions of green grass, tall glasses of cool lemonade, and checkered tablecloths spread with special picnic feasts. The next time your doll heads for the great outdoors with a loaded picnic basket she'll be dressed for the occasion with the Forever 18 Inches Summer Picnic Shorts and Capris! There are two styles of pants to sew: wide-legged shorts, and mid-calf capri pants. Both pants feature front pleats and a paper-bag style waist with an easy-on, easy-off elastic waistband for a universal fit. An optional faux front tie or a working tie with authentic belt loops can be added to create a unique and fashionable outfit. All you'll need are the ants!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®. This pattern is also available bundled with the Summer Picnic Crop Top pattern in the Summer Picnic Outfit pattern.
Recommended Fabrics: Lighter-weight quilting cottons, lightweight chambray, seersucker, or other woven fabrics with a similar weight and drape. Not suitable for very lightweight or heavy- weight fabrics, or those with a tendency to fray.
- Option 1 Paper Bag Shorts: 1/4 yd. of 45" wide fabric
- Option 2 Paper Bag Capris: 1/2 yd. of 45" wide fabric
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread.
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim and clip seam allowances.
3. Optional: Fray Check
4. Optional: A tool for marking pleats and dots
5. Optional: A hemostat for turning the Bodice and Ties to the RIGHT side
For the Option 1 & 2 Paper Bag Shorts & Capris Add:
1. One 8-1/2" long piece of ¼" elastic
For the Option 1 Crop Top Add:
1. One 5-1/4" long piece of ¼" elastic
2. Six ¼" buttons
3. Four medium-sized snaps OR Hook and Loop tape (about 2-1/2")
For the Option 2 Crop Top Add:
1. Two ¼" buttons
2. Two medium-sized snaps OR Hook and Loop tape (about 3")
Skill Level: Easy and Intermediate
What You Get: One 29 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.
Love it! The pattern instructions were awesome. Loved the outcome.