Your doll will be all set for hockey season with this fun little hockey uniform by JenAshley Doll Designs consisting of a jersey and breezers!
Add realistic details to your breezers such as padding to the knee area, a padded waistband, a belt with a parachute buckle, and eyelets with lacing to your breezers. Stitch ribbon in fun designs to your jersey. Make the uniform in your school, team, or favorite colors. Add embroidery, iron-on patches, appliqued motifs, numbers, letters, etc. A bonus pattern for shoulder pads is included.
This pattern is labeled Intermediate due to the details on the breezers. The jersey is suitable for the confident beginner.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
The Hockey Jersey pattern may also be purchased individually at Pixie Faire.
Recommended Fabrics: Sturdy knits with minimum stretch such as Ponte knit or 100% cotton jersey for the main uniform: rib knit for neckband; woven cotton for bonus shoulder pads
• 1/4 yard primary color
• 1/8 yard secondary color
• Small scrap of rib knit for neckband
• 1/8 yard thin batting (optional for padded knees and waistband)
• 10.5 inch long strip of 1/4-inch wide elastic for waistband
• 4.5 inch lengths of 3/8 inch wide hook/loop tape
• Matching or contrasting thread
• Belt: 13 inch long strip of 3/8 – 1/2 inch wide grosgrain ribbon and 1/2 inch parachute buckle
• Trim: 1 yard of 1/2-inch to 1-inch wide grosgrain ribbon (See TIPS page for ribbon suggestions and ideas.)
• Basting tape or glue (optional to take place of pins for hemming and applying ribbon)
• 2 small eyelets and 7 inch long piece of cording for pants (optional)
Bonus Shoulder Pads
• 1/4 yard woven fabric or fat quarter (Fabric and lining may be same or different.)
• Scraps of fusible low loft batting for front and back body pieces
• Scraps of fusible low loft or thicker batting for shoulder pads
• Six small eyelets and setting tool 22 inch long cording
• Optional: Basting tape or fabric basting glue
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 50 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
It was just the pattern I was looking for, made one up for my great-niece and she loved it. I make hockey jerseys for for a living and everyone at work was impressed be the outfit I made.
This pattern sees up very quickly. The instructions and pictures make it easy to sew. I made one for a customer and she was thrilled that I could customize colors for her.