Your 18-inch doll will look very smart in this Dental Uniform from Little Miss Muffett. “Dashing Dentists” consists of a Tunic, Pants, Cap, Mask and PPE Full Face Shield.
- The fully lined Tunic features a piped Center Front Panel with a contrasting Collar, Breast Pocket and Button Trim. The Tunic body has Side Slits and a choice of either long Sleeves or elbow-length Sleeves which have contrasting Cuffs. The Tunic closes at Center Back with Hook & Loop Tape.
- The Slim-Cut Pants are made ‘all-in-one’ and have an elastic waist.
- The Fitted Surgical Cap is made from three separate pattern pieces. Elastic cinches in the fullness at the Neck Back and the Front edge of the Cap is bound with straight cut fabric which extends to create the Back Ties.
- The lined Mask is shaped to fit the doll’s chin and nose areas. Bulky seam allowances are stitched flat. Looped Shirring Elastic keeps the mask on the doll’s face.
- The PPE Full Face Mask is made from light-weight plastic and is edged with binding which extends to create the Back Ties.
This Intermediate PDF sewing pattern from Little Miss Muffett is designed to fit 18-inch soft-bodied dolls such as American Girl®.
Suggested Fabrics: Quilters' Cotton for Tunic, Pants, Face Mask, Surgical Cap. Lightweight Cotton for Lining.
- Tunic Back, Side Panels, Short Sleeves & Face Mask: Quilters’ Cotton - 20” x 12”
- Tunic Back, Side Panels, Long Sleeves & Face Mask: Quilters’ Cotton - 20” x 14”
- Tunic Front Panel, Surgical Cap Crown & Side: Quilters’ Cotton - 16” x 12”
- Surgical Cap Binding Tie: Quilters’ Cotton - 33” x 2 ½”
- Tunic Lining: Lightweight Cotton - 18 ½” x 8 ½”
- Pants, Short Sleeve Cuffs, Pocket & Neck Binding: Quilters’ Cotton - 32” x 12”
- PPE Full Face Shield: Clear Plastic - 6” x 5”
- Narrow Piping for Tunic Front Panel - 15”
- Hook & Loop Tape for Tunic Center Back Opening - 5 ½” x 3/8” wide
- Buttons for Tunic Front - 3 x ¼” wide
- Elastic for Pants & Surgical Cap – Pants: 10 ½” x 3/8” / Cap: 3 ¾” x 3/8” - 14 ¼” x 3/8”
- Shirring Elastic for Face Mask - 14”
- Bias Binding for PPE Full Face Shield Outer Edge & Ties - 38” x ½” wide (when folded)
- Craft Foam for Forehead Spacer on PPE - 3/8” x 4 ½”
- Double-Sided Quilters’ Tape for Tunic Pocket & Face Shield: ¼” wide - ± 12”
Matching Thread, Erasable Marking Pen, Point Turner, Loop Turner, Craft Glue, Clear Tape, 2 small Safety Pins, Tapestry Needle, Craft Knife, Masking Tape, general sewing supplies.
A ‘Universal’ Sewing Needle – 80/12, a General Purpose Foot, Piping or Zipper Foot, Open-Toed Foot (optional) and a ¼” Foot are used throughout the sewing process.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 63 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
related to the doll clothes patterns sold at Pixie Faire.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.