Fabulous for ‘Back-to-School’ or just having fun, your 18-inch doll will look adorable in this Lace-Skirted Playsuit with a snuggly Jacket, and fluffy Earmuffs which will brighten any January morning.
- The Playsuit, by Little Miss Muffett, comprises a bound round neck, sleeveless or long sleeved Blouse; ankle or knee length Leggings and lastly, a full gathered lace Skirt with added bows for fun. The Playsuit closes with Hook & Loop Tape with a Zipper finish at the back. Pretty ribbon bows are attached to the Skirt as desired.
- The loose-fitting Jacket features 3/4 length sleeves with turned up buttoned cuffs; optional long Faux Blouse sleeves ‘peek’ out from the sleeve hem. The Jacket has a broad self-facing waist hem, a curved Princess Seam for visual interest and a pretty fold over collar finishes the neckline. The open ended zipper separations form part of the lapels which are stitched to the jacket front. The zipper closes half-way up the front of the jacket for fun.
- The pretty fluffy easy-to-make Earmuffs are the perfect accessory for this gorgeous ensemble.
This fairly easy pattern is designed to fit 18-inch soft-bodied dolls such as American Girl®.
Fabric Used: The Playsuit was made using a stable knit for the Bodice and a 4-way stretch knit for the Leggings; broad border (Galloon) lace was used for the Skirt. The Jacket was made using stable velour and a stable knit was used for the Lower Sleeves and Cuff Linings. The Earmuffs were made using a short pile faux fur.
- Bodice, Jacket Lower Sleeves & Cuff Linings : Stable Knit – 31” x 13”
- Leggings : 4-way stretch fabric such as Cotton Elastane, Lycra®, Spandex – Ankle : 20” x 11” / Knee : 18” x 8”
- Skirt : Broad Border Lace (Galloon Lace) – ± 5” wide x 50”
- Jacket : Stable Velour, Knits or Tracksuiting – 40” x 10”
- Earmuffs : Short Pile Fur (3/8” to 1/2” Pile) – 7” x 6”
- Open Ended (Separating) Zipper for Jacket with Plastic Teeth : 7/8” wide x 6” long
- Hook & Loop Tape for Playsuit (Zipper Finish) : 5/8” wide x 6 ¼” long
- Double–sided Quilters’ Tape : ± 17” x ¼” wide
- Selection small Ribbon Bows (optional) : 3/4” wide
- Buttons for Jacket Cuffs : 2 x ¼” wide
- Template Plastic or Card for Earmuffs : 5” x 3”
- Polyester Fiber Fill Stuffing for Earmuffs : Approx. 10 grams
- Matching Thread, Erasable Marking Pen, Sharp Nosed Scissors, Point Turner, Craft Glue, Teflon™ Sheet, Small Self-Sealing Plastic Bag, Face Mask, general sewing supplies.
- A ‘Universal Stretch Needle – 75/11’ ; ‘Universal 40/80 Twin Needle’, Walking Foot and Zipper Foot are used during the sewing process.
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 65 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
related to the doll clothes patterns sold at Pixie Faire.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.