This sleeveless two-piece dress, by FROG Princess Fashions, features a princess-seamed bodice which curves up slightly in front and dips below the waist in the back with a back closure. The full A-line skirt features front inverted pleats, a back closure and optional lining.
With this design, there are numerous ways you can personalize her dream wedding with the veil and crown, the optional lace trim, fabric overlays, and more. Keep it sleek and simple or embellish with lace, ribbons, beading, or sequins for a fancy personal touch.
Add the lovely cape, coordinated fingerless gloves, matching purse and garter, lace-trimmed hankie, and cape, and your dream wedding will be unforgettable.
What’s more, if you do machine embroidery, with the Frog Princess Dream Bride Essentials, Dream Bride Accessories, or Dream Bride Complete Machine Embroidery Design Sets (available separately), you can customize your own lace trim colors right on your embroidery machine.
Recommended Fabrics: Peau-de-Soie, Satin, Dupioni Silk, or charmeuse, for gown, illusion or tulle for veil, organza, georgette for overlay, lining, fine linen for handkerchief, lace fabric for overlay, gloves, trim, crown
• ½ yd satin, Peau-de-Soie, Bridal Satin, Dupioni Silk, charmeuse, or similar fabric (for two-piece gown)
• ¼ yd (for cape and pillow)
• ⅛ yd fine tulle, organza, georgette, or other sheer fabric (for optional bodice overlay)
• ½ yd fine tulle or bridal illusion (for veil)
• ½ yd lining fabric
• 1 swatch of fine woven such as linen (for handkerchief)
• ⅛ yd lace fabric (for gloves, purse, crown, garter)
Optional: featherweight interfacing
• Small scale (approximately 1” wide or less) scalloped flat Alencon or similar lace for veil, dress, purse trim
• Size 9 or 11 sharp needle (depending upon fabric choice)
• 3/8” pearl, satin covered, or other style decorative button (for cape)
• Small decorative frog closure or White or off-white embroidery floss to match fabric
• 2” length of ⅛” wide satin ribbon or narrow satin cording (or substitute narrow lace)
• ⅛” blue or other color satin ribbon for garter
• Set of size 2 or 3 sew-on snaps or optional thin, non-snag hook and loop closure
• 1 Mini comb for veil OR 1 doll headband
• Small clump stuffing for pillow
• Sharp, quality scissors
• Fray-stopping liquid* (test on scrap of fabric before using)
Optional: narrow satin piping
Optional: mini trims such as sheer ribbon bows, mini beads, sequins, flat lace appliques
Optional: infant sized pony tail elastic loops for fingerless gloves
Pressing cloth and small ham
Note: use, long, smooth strokes to iron satin; press silk on the inside only;
Optional: pinking shears (for trimming seam allowances)
Optional: fabric weights to replace pins for fine fabrics (tip: new, large size full spools work well as substitutes)
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 23 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The suit is a traditional form of men's formal clothes in the Western world and...