By using this simple pattern and making some creative choices, you can make a range of personalized and fashionable purses for your dolls. The basic purse construction is no-sew and by mixing and matching some of the options you can create ‘one-of-a-kind’ masterpieces. The two extra handle options can be made in any desired length and an extra clasp option is included with two different ways to decorate the purse front. Mix up the basic purse with any clasp and handle options and the possibilities are many. Designed for use with 18 inch and similar sized dolls,
Recommended Fabrics: Leather, Faux Leather, Vinyl, Stiffened Fabric, Some Felts
To make one basic purse you will need:
• A piece of leather, faux leather or felt approximately 6 ½” by 7 ½” approx. 1mm thick
• 9 – 10” chain (ensure the jump ring will fit through the link of the chain)
• 2 - ⅝” (16mm) Jump rings
• 1 - ⅜” press stud set (4 components)
• 2 – ⅛” eyelets
• Leather Glue – like Tacky™ Glue or a clear fast drying glue.
• Hook and loop tape 2 pieces approx. ½” each
• Decorative button
• Leather Glue
• Thread and needle (Optional)
• Hook and loop tape 2 pieces approx.½” each
• Decorative buckle
• Scrap of leather
• Leather glue
• 4 crimp beads
• 2 flat beads
• 2 seed beads
• Quantity of beads for desired handle length
• Tiger-tail wire
• Length of cord 3/16” wide (I used twisted satin cord)
These items will be needed to make a basic purse
1. Combined hole punch and eyelet setter (or separate hole punch and eyelet setter)
2. Punch set with male, female punches and anvil
3. Two pair round nose pliers
5. Cutting mat
6. Long nose toothed pliers
7. Pliers (have a wire cutter)
You may also require:
• Scissors – paper and fabric
• Needle and thread
• Beading mat or towel
• Adhesive tape
• Clips or pegs
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 31 page crafting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Create!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.