The One-Piece Bathing Suit is a boutique style pattern that is unmatched in its versatility. This well thought out design is intended for lightweight woven fabrics. The bodice is lined and ties around the neck. The back bodice has encased rows of elastic, no hook and loop to snag! The fun gathered skirt ruffle can be edged in trim or simply hemmed. Instructions are included for multiple skirt hem finishes. Easy to follow instructions include step by step pictures. This PDF pattern is designed to fit 18 inch soft bodied dolls such as American Girl®.Make your bathing suit unique with one of a kind machine embroidery, iron-on appliqué, or embellish with trims, buttons, and bows. Unlimited possibilities!
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight wovens, cotton, or cotton blends
-1/3 Yard Fabric (45”)
-1 Yard + 1inch Elastic 1⁄4” wide
-1 Yard Trim for Skirt Ruffle Hem (optional)Additional Embellishments for Bodice: Buttons, Lace, ---Iron-On Appliqué, Pre-Gathered or Ruffled Trim
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 19 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
The Aloha Vintage Swimsuit is a historically-inspired design that is appropriate for the late 1930s...
I read some of the reviews saying that the swimsuit was hard to get on the doll, so I decided to use knit fabric instead of woven. The instructions were easy to follow and the swimsuit turned out so cute and fits Maryellen perfectly. I had no problem whatsoever putting it on the doll. I am going to try a woven fabric for the next one to see how it fits. Great pattern! Joan
I just finished a trial run of this suit. I hate working with stretch fabric so I thought I would give this a try. I'm very happy with the suit and I will be making more. The only thing I did different was to use 1/8 inch elastic instead of 1/4 inch elastic. I made this for my MyLife doll, it was not at all difficult to get on the doll.
I found the directions difficult to understand and follow.
I so agree with BettyAnn and wish I had read the reviews b4 I made 2 of these suits! It is so cute until you try to get it on the doll. I hope the author of the pattern sees these reviews and makes a alteration to the pattern . It is so difficult to get on the doll that I feel it isn't worth the effort. I thought it was because I had an older American doll who is a little bigger but guess I am not the only one with a problem.