You don’t have to like math in order to like this pattern by Forever 18 Inches! The dress and jumper have been named in honor of the two geometric shapes they use: a square and a circle. The square neck has an inset panel that can be cut on the bias or straight grain, and the closely fitted bodice is attached to a full circular skirt. As an added bonus in this PDF sewing pattern, two sets of cutting lines for slimmer and those that like candy are included, as well as an easy pattern for a circular petticoat with a crunchy tulle hem for an authentic blast from the past!
Recommended Fabrics: Dress: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a tight weave and bit of drape. Jumper: Lightweight denim, corduroy, sateen, twill, or wool. It should have some drape. Lining: Lightweight fabric with a tight weave such as batiste or lawn.
- Dress/Jumper: 1/3 yd. of lightweight fabric
- Optional Petticoat: 1/3 yd. of lightweight fabric
- Dress/Jumper Lining: ¼ yd. of lightweight fabric
1. Matching thread
2. Three medium-sized snaps OR two pieces of thin ¼” wide hook and loop tape about 3 ½” long
3. Eight ¼” buttons (jumper only)
4. Optional (but extremely helpful): a hemostat (with grippers about 5 – ½” long)
5. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances
6. Fray Check®
1. 12” of 5/8” elastic (regular or Foldover Elastic [FOE]). ¾” wide elastic will also work.
2. 3 yds. of 6” wide tulle (I recommend the type that comes on spools).
3. Matching thread
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 43 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Although the term was coined in the 1600s, a "pocketbook" was what ladies in the...
This 18 Inch doll clothes PDF pattern designed by Eden Ava Couture, will be a great addition...
This fun design from Heritage Doll Fashions features the flair of the 50′s! Download this...
This beautifully designed 1950s style dress by Keepers Dolly Duds looks just as great visiting near the punch...