The Bayswater Bolero, by Genniewren Designs, is a cute shrug with puffed sleeves that is ideal for spring, summer, or fall.
The bolero is knitted top down, all in one piece. It features delicate lacy eyelets for the raglan sleeve increases, and a pretty cable pattern on the cutaway front. The main feature is a textured eyelet stitch pattern to border the neckline, sleeve edges and the hem.
The Bayswater Bolero uses stockinette stitch, garter stitch, yarn overs, and cables. The only sewing is for the sleeve cuff seams and one button for the neck closure. A longer version of the bolero is also included in the pattern for variety.
This versatile shrug is sure to please your doll. It's a fun, modern-style fashion accessory that's perfect to wear on a trip to London.
This PDF knitting pattern is designed to fit 16" dolls such as A Girl For All Time® and 17" dolls such as PetitCollin® Sylvia Natterer Starlette™
Recommended Yarns: Suggested US Yarn Types: Fingering Yarn or Sock Yarn. Suggested UK/Australian/South African Yarn Types: 4 ply yarn, 3 ply yarn, sock yarn For US knitters, most yarns marked as yarn weight 1 (Super Fine) will work with this pattern depending on your gauge (tension).
- One circular US Size 2 (metric 2.75 mm) knitting needle, and a pair of straight needles if you prefer (or whatever size needle you need to use to make the gauge (tension) required).
- A cable needle the same size as, or finer than, your main knitting needles.
- Optional – one US Size 4 (metric 3.5 mm) knitting needle – needed only if you bind off tightly.
- Blunt ended yarn needle for darning in yarn ends and sewing on the button.
- One 3/8” (7-9 mm) button for front closure of the bolero.
- One 25g (1 oz) ball of yarn should be sufficient to knit either style of bolero.
Suggested US Yarn Types: Fingering Yarn or Sock Yarn. Suggested UK/Australian/South African Yarn Types: 4 ply yarn, 3 ply yarn, sock yarn
For US knitters, most yarns marked as yarn weight 1 (Super Fine) will work with this pattern depending on your gauge (tension).
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 24 page knitting pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Knit!
Dress your 16" doll in Elizabethan 1500's style with this Gown, Chemise, and Coif of...