Fringe boots are all the rage and now you can make them for your 18 inch doll! Miche Designs has designed another super cute shoe PDF pattern designed to fit 18 inch American Girl ® Dolls. Boots can be made from a variety of fabrics and have a hook and loop tape opening in the back for easy on and off.
-1 scrap fabric for body
-Thread and sewing machine
-Hot glue gun and Hot glue sticks
-2mm black and white foam sheet, 6mm foam sheet in black
-hook and loop tape
Skill Level: This is an intermediate level pattern because of the assembly, the sewing skills required are basic.
What You Get: One 23 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
So far I made one boot and it turned out very cute. I do have questions that I had to resolve. 1. On the Strip 1, Strip 2, & Strip 3 pattern piece there are marks for where to fold Strip 2 and 3. But the pattern never seems to address the folding and tells you to cut off the excess. So I ignored the folding. 2. In the picture on page 5 showing the body pieces sewn together and lying next to each other, it looks like Body 1 was sewn to another Body 1 , Body 2 sewn to another Body 2. But this is not what the directions call for. I think the picture is confusing. Other than my confusion, the boots were pretty easy to construct and very cute.
These were so easy to make and are adorable
Very easy pattern and great fit! Going to wear this pattern out
The instructions were easy to follow but the construction of the item was a challenge. I am still working on getting one set totally constructed and its taking me a good bit of time because the sole of the boot isn't fitting into the bottom as the instructions are given. I am not saying the pattern/construction is wrong I am just saying that I will have to either find a different way to get it to fit or rework the pattern myself to make it work. For anyone that isn't experienced in sewing this pattern might cause them some problems. I did cut the pattern out exactly like the pieces are given, I constructed the upper part of the boot exactly like the instructions are given but the sole/foot part of the boot just does not fit per the instructions given. I am on #3 attempt of trying to work the pattern and hopefully I will find a solution.
I made 4 pair of these, each in a different color vinyl. They came out very cute. The first pair was a bit tricky, but once done, the others finished quickly.