Make your doll the perfect backpack to take to school or slumber parties! Designed to fit 15 and 18 inch dolls, this PDF pattern includes instructions to make a bee, cat, dog, frog, and owl backpack. There's plenty of room inside to store all of your doll's supplies and the front and side pockets provide additional storage. Choose your favorite one or make all five animal backpacks for your special doll!
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 68 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
In the late 17th and early 18th centuries a coat was a relatively straight loose...
I hand sew only so this was easy to put together and so adorable. I used a very light weight vinyl for the body of the backpack and home decor cushion fabric for the front pocket and accents. I made my own binding from this same fabric. Worked wonderfully. Fits the doll beautifully and the four year old recipient can even use it for a little purse for herself. Very sturdy. Miche Designs are extremely detailed and well thought out. I'm planning my next one but I want to do them all eventually. So many projects, so little time. I highly recommend any of Miche's patterns.
I was having troubles printing but once I got it to print I was excited to start making them, but now I have to wait, my machine is in shop, but I will get started cutting them out. Thank You, Pamster
I have just completed the owl design in this pattern, it is so cute, I will definitely make others to try out the other designs! The instructions were well written, and relatively simple to follow, with the help of the photos. The final assembly was the most difficult part, and where the instructions said to pin, I also tacked the pieces together before sewing, as I found that the fabric slipped a bit in the corners when trying to pivot the fabric. I used gabardine for the main bag and a quilting cotton for the contrasting front pocket. The gabardine is a good weight for this, I think I would use interfacing for the front pocket if I were using a cotton again, just to make it a little stiffer. My AG girls all want one now, and I'm sure my grand-daughter will too. Very pleased with the results!!