This lovely vintage dress pattern, by Eden Ava Couture, was inspired by a pattern for girls made by the Advance Pattern Company in 1956. The Scoop neck bodice with empire silhouette has short puffed sleeves. The princess seamed skirt is fitted at the waistline, flaring to a wide hem with a center back closure. The contrast detachable scalloped collar is optional.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™ and will also fit Hearts For Hearts Girls® dolls.
This pattern is also available for 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight cotton, rayon, or any type of fabric that drapes well
-Dress: 1/3 yard lightweight cotton, rayon, or any type of fabric that drapes well
-Bodice Lining: Remnant piece of lightweight cotton
-Sleeve bands and collar: Remnant cotton
Supplies & Notions:
-Lightweight fusible interfacing for the collar
-Hook and Loop Tape
-Small Snaps (1/4” or similar size)
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 27 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew! *Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with WellieWishers™ or Hearts for Hearts®.
Keep your Hearts for Hearts Girls® or Les Cheries® doll looking cool and casual with...
I found the scalloped edge of the collar difficult to stitch and maintain the scalloped edge. After 2 "wadders" I cut 2 squares of fabric the size of the collar and interfaced one. Then I transferred the stitching line to the interfaced piece. With the 2 rectangles RST I was able to stitch along the marked line and then cut close to the stitching line. Having a larger piece of fabric made it easier to maneuver under the presser foot. I also found that the sleeve band was slightly snug, but that may have been my fault. The rest of the dress went together easily and it is darling.
Nice, easy pattern that I adapted to fit Kaye Wiggs MSD dolls.
I found the pattern to be fairly easy to sew. I wanted to use the collar, but find it hard lay right. I would like to sew it into the dress and I hope to try that .
The pattern was easy to make and had many varieties. I made 2 for her doll. She loves them and says they fit great.