This very versatile Pattern by ReadCreations is designed for the small 8" baby dolls from the "Caring for Baby Set" from American Girl® and similar sized baby dolls. This pattern comes with a bonus hat and many different options:
- Neck: folded-over or with cuff
- Sleeve: no sleeves, short sleeves, long sleeves with or without cuffs
- Feet: footless or with feet
- Closure: hook-and-loop tape or snaps
- Opening: front or back
Even 18" dolls need to be moms and big sisters from time to time and need to have some clothes for their little charges and a Sleeper is a must for any wardrobe.
There are also instructions on how the pattern can be adjusted to fit wider soft-bodied 8" dolls as well. Different doll measurements are provided within pattern.
This pattern does NOT fit 15" Bitty Baby® or Bitty Twin® dolls.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight 2-way knit fabric and very lightweight 2-way knit fabric
• 12" x 8" of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for main body
• 8" x 5" of 2-way or 4-way very light-weight knit fabric for sleeves and neck binding
• 7" x 7" of 2-way or 4-way light-weight knit fabric for hat
• ¼" x 2¾" Thin hook-and-loop tape set (soft and rough side) or (3) small snaps
• Optional: 5mm colored metal iron-on-studs (only for kids 3 years and older, choking hazard !!!)
• Optional: small piece of 1/8" wide ribbon for decoration of hat
• Hand sewing needle
• Matching thread
• Tissue paper or coffee filter or something thin that can be easily ripped
Skill Level: Confident Beginner
What You Get: One 49 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Keep your Hearts for Hearts Girls® or Les Cheries® doll looking cool and casual with...
Love it. I made a red and white striped one and put a pinafore top over it.
Love the different options. Instructions are very easy to follow and thorough. Fit is perfect and the hat is so cute
I had the great pleasure of testing this oh sew cute pattern. It is such a fun and easy sew and your baby will sleep in great comfort with this adorable sleeper. The instructions and pics guide you through the steps so easily. Your baby girl needs this sleeper, so try it out several times. There are many options to use for sleeve length, front or back closure and cuffs or no cuffs.