The Charm School Dress is not only suited to a charm school class, but is perfect for an afternoon tea, a birthday party, and much more.
With three collar options and two hem lengths, and puffed banded sleeves or gathered un-banded sleeve options, this adorable dress offers multiple looks for your 14”-14.5” dolls’ many social engagements!
Stitch it up in a solid cotton with lace, rick-rack, or soutache trim, or try a soft cotton print and coordinate the collar, cuffs, and hem band with a companion fabric for a darling effect.
You can accent the (mock) front opening with little buttons for a sweet double-breasted look, or add a little ribbon at the center of the collar.
Directions for making a fabric rose, a fancy ribbon bow, and an ascot for embellishment as well as a darling bow-tied headband are included as a bonus! And don’t forget the Frog Princess Fashions machine embroidery embellishments for this dress available from Pixie Faire!
This little dress fits equally well on the 14” Glitter Girls™ and Hearts for Hearts Girls™ dolls, too.
This pattern also comes sized to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight wovens such as batiste, lawn, gingham, calico, poly-cotton blends, light quilting cottons
• ¼ yd of lightweight woven fabric (fat quarter friendly)
• 1/8 yd of batiste or lightweight woven fabric for collar, cuffs, and (optional) hem bands
• Thread to match both fabrics
• Four ¼” buttons for mock front
• 5” non-snag hook and loop tape
• 6” of fusible hem tape or 6” of interfacing cut into two ¼” strips
• 4”x 4” square of wash-away or tear-away stabilizer for the scalloped collar
• For View C sleeves, 3.5” of ¼” wide elastic per sleeve
• For Ascot tie: 3/4” wide grosgrain (or satin) ribbon
• For fabric rose: 3/4” width of fabric measuring 6” in length cut on the straight grain
• For Ribbon bow: 3/4” wide ribbon measuring 7”
• For View C: ¾ yd. of ruffled lace
• Turning tool or bamboo chopstick with a pointed end
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: mini craft iron
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 26 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!