The Charm School Dress, by FROG Princess Fashions, is not only suited to a charm school class, but is perfect for an afternoon tea, a birthday party, and much more.
With three collar options and two hem lengths, and puffed banded sleeves or gathered un-banded sleeve options, this adorable dress offers multiple looks for your 14”-14.5” dolls’ many social engagements!
Stitch it up in a solid cotton with lace, rick-rack, or soutache trim, or try a soft cotton print and coordinate the collar, cuffs, and hem band with a companion fabric for a darling effect.
You can accent the (mock) front opening with little buttons for a sweet double-breasted look, or add a little ribbon at the center of the collar.
Directions for making a fabric rose, a fancy ribbon bow, and an ascot for embellishment as well as a darling bow-tied headband are included as a bonus! And don’t forget the Frog Princess Fashions machine embroidery embellishments for this dress available from Pixie Faire!
This little dress fits equally well on the 14” Glitter Girls™ and Hearts for Hearts Girls™ dolls, too.
This pattern also comes sized to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: lightweight wovens such as batiste, lawn, gingham, calico, poly-cotton blends, light quilting cottons
• ¼ yd of lightweight woven fabric (fat quarter friendly)
• 1/8 yd of batiste or lightweight woven fabric for collar, cuffs, and (optional) hem bands
• Thread to match both fabrics
• Four ¼” buttons for mock front
• 5” non-snag hook and loop tape
• 6” of fusible hem tape or 6” of interfacing cut into two ¼” strips
• 4”x 4” square of wash-away or tear-away stabilizer for the scalloped collar
• For View C sleeves, 3.5” of ¼” wide elastic per sleeve
• For Ascot tie: 3/4” wide grosgrain (or satin) ribbon
• For fabric rose: 3/4” width of fabric measuring 6” in length cut on the straight grain
• For Ribbon bow: 3/4” wide ribbon measuring 7”
• For View C: ¾ yd. of ruffled lace
• Turning tool or bamboo chopstick with a pointed end
• Optional: pinking shears
• Optional: mini craft iron
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 26 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
This pattern offers you three variations of Scottish-inspired shawls, perfect for cold evenings, whether Scottish...