A timeless Dress and Top by Dollhouse Designs for parties or casual style for 14.5" Dolls such as WellieWishers™
This is a 3 in 1 pattern with some optional sections for further embellishing the dress to your heart's content. It includes Pattern Hacks to create several unique custom looks.
Print only what you need and view the instructions on your favorite device.
This style has Latin roots and has influenced fashion worldwide for generations.
It is so comfortable and yet so beautiful on every girl that it never seems to leave fashion’s runways for long. Embraced in the 1940s, 50s, the 70s, the 90s, the early 2000s and again now as bohemian, It reigns supreme in warm seasons.
This Deluxe Sewing Pattern includes complete Patterns & Step by Step Instructions to make:
* View A - Folklorico Style Dress w/ super full twirly skirt. A traditional Latin style that has been a popular
fashion since the 1940s through modern day. Bodice – Peasant style with elasticized neckline. Sleeves
can be gathered with elastic or left loose and full. Skirt – Long, very full shaped skirt with lower ruffle. It
creates that classic, fully flaring circular skirt that is so well known in dance performances.
* View B - Country / Bohemian (Boho) Style Dress w/ 3 tiered skirt.
Bodice -- Same as View A.
Skirt -- a symphony of movement with three graduated tiers and optional narrow ruffle at bottom.
Purchased pre-gathered trim can be substituted for ruffle.
* View C - Peasant Blouse / Top with 3 Sleeve length options (Short, Mid, Long). Waist-length Bodice
finished with a pretty elasticized waist. Can be left loose at waist.
* Make the Skirt separately
* Make the Dress/Blouse without the Shoulder Ruffle
* Sleeves for any View in Short, Mid length, & Long
* Template for classic star-shaped Folklorico skirt Ribbon placement
This wonderfully feminine style was born of simplicity and hearts that needed little excuse for celebration. Narrow lengths of ribbon and lace of many colors made each one unique. Folklorico Baile is a style of dance that was created from cultural dance moves and regional influences unique to each area of Mexico and Latin America. Children and adults perform wearing culturally styled attire. This design is an authentic representation for 14.5" dolls.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14-14.5" dolls such as Hearts For Hearts Girls® and WellieWishers™. It is also available designed to fit 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Lightweight Wovens, especially cottonsSupplies Needed:
Fabric Views A & B –
• 3/4 yard light to mid-weight woven cotton and cotton blend fabrics (Cotton prints, chambray, poly blend wovens, calico, quilter’s cotton)
• . 1/2 yard 1/8 to 3/8 inch narrow elastic
Fabric View C –
• 1/4 yard light to mid-weight woven cotton and cotton blend fabrics (Cotton prints, chambray, poly blend wovens, calico, quilter’s cotton)
• 3/4 yard 1/8 to 3/8 inch narrow elastic
Trim Yardage (Optional)
• 3/4 yard trim Shoulder Ruffle, All Views
• 1 2/3 yards trim for View A Skirt (applied above ruffle)
• 2 1/2 yards trim Views A & B Skirt Ruffle
Skill Level: Easy
What You Get: One 60 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! This pattern comes with a 7 page summary of instructions to help you save on printer ink. The PDF sewing pattern provides full-color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full-size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
It was great. It was easy to make which I did both styles of the dress. It fit the doll perfectly.,
The pattern came with very detailed directions that were easy to follow. There are many suggestions for variations on the pattern to customize it to your own tastes. The dress turned out beautifully and fit the Wellie Wisher doll perfectly!