Your doll will be ready to jump on the London bus and head straight to Piccadilly Circus in this adorable fully lined peacoat. This is a classic with a twist - charming inset pleats along the back, finished with a belt.
The double-breasted front features two rows of tiny decorative buttons so your doll can wear her coat open or snapped closed. Decorative welt pockets run along topstitched princess seams. Cuffs are accented with two tiny buttons.
Suggested fabrics include wool, wool blends, suiting type fabrics, corduroy or velveteen. We used a lightweight wool which tailors beautifully fith a little steam from the iron. A rayon lining was used to line the coat but a poly lining would also work nicely.
-1/3 yard of lightweight wool type fabric
-1/4 yard of lining
-3 size 3 or 4 snaps
-12 - 1/8" buttons
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 55 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 16" Ellowyne Wilde Dolls and her friends....
A four-stranded braid travels down the front of this turtleneck sweater, which can be created...
I'm just working at the jacket. The instructions with the step-by-step-photos are very good.Even though my native language is German, i'm able to follow them and get a Peacoat at the end. :-)
I've made this jacket twice now: once with ultrasuede and once with a lightweight miniature corduroy and both times the jacket turned out 'ok'. The 1st one (the ultrasuede) would not overlap/close properly in the front. So for the 2nd one I added 1/4' to the front panel and that did solve the issue. I do think that lining the sleeves while 'proper', it inhibits the movement in the arms especially if the doll is wearing a shirt underneath. For my next run I will leave the sleeves unlined and then hopefully I will have a perfectly fitted Peacoat! Can't wait to make the skirt and shirt. :-)
Un poco complicado,aun no me he puesto a hacerlo pero lleva demasiadas piezas.