The FROG Princess Fashions Carolina Girl dress was inspired by my daughter-in-law’s home state, North Carolina. The state flower of North Carolina is the dogwood, and the pink variety is one of my favorites! Their delicate pink petals surround a creamy yellow center and the leafy branches are beautiful nearly all year.
With Carolina dogwoods in mind, I drew and digitized a little floral design that features the cross-shaped dogwood blossoms in a soft pink tone on a leafy branch custom-sized to fit the waistband and tie ends of this sweet dress. This sweet embellishment can be used to accent a floral fabric or a contrasting dark or light shade.
This is a machine embroidery design set only and does not include pattern pieces. It is designed to complement the To make the complete dress, you will need the Carolina Girl sewing pattern available separately.
The Machine Embroidery designs included are designed specifically for the waistband and ties. Create a beautiful embellishment to accent the dress design!
The dress is designed to allow for creative fabric combinations and is fat quarter friendly. Try one or several versions today! Be sure to share your creations on social media!
Design Hoops and Sizes:
4x4 Hoops* (*Perfect placement waistband design with waistband pattern piece requires 5x7 hoop)
DST, EXP, HUS, JEF, PCS, PEC, PES, SHV, VIP, VP3, XXX
Additional Supplies Needed:
• The Carolina Girl dress pattern calls for: 1/8 yd. contrasting solid for waistband (optional) and tie ends in addition to ¼ yd. fabric for dress
• 1 3”x7” scrap of fusible lightweight interfacing for waistband
• Rayon or polyester embroidery thread for ME design (suggested light green for leaves and branches, pink for dogwood blooms, and yellow for centers)
• Iron-on, tear away stabilizer
• Optional: Sticky tear away or sticky wash away stabilizer, particularly if waistband or tie ends are “floated” on top of stabilizer
• Machine embroidery scissors
• Tweezers (my favorite embroidery tool to picking up small threads)
• Both embroidery designs by themselves fit a 4x4 hoop; however, the waistband outline requires a 5x7 hoop
What You Get: Two embroidery machine digitized designs in 11 file formats. You will receive an instant download zipped file that contains a folder with each of the file formats listed above. Each file format is conveniently saved in its own separate folder for easy use. You need to be able to unzip the zipped file to use it. You must have an embroidery machine and know how to transfer the file to your machine in order to use this.
The Career Day sewing pattern, by FROG Princess Fashions, is even cuter when embellished with custom embroidery. Choose...
The FROG Princess Fashions Dream Bride Lace Accessories set can turn your lovely handmade gown into...
The FROG Princess Fashions Dream Bride Lace Essentials Machine Embroidery set can turn your lovely handmade gown...