The flirty and feminine Button-Front Peplum, by Forever 18 Inches, is a top for all seasons! Features include a modest "V" neck, a button-front opening that closes with four snaps, a bias-cut peplum, bishop sleeves, and elastic-gathered ruffles on the sleeves and waist. The elasticized waist and generously cut bodice and sleeves offer a fit that will accommodate many soft-bodied 18" dolls, including most older/larger American Girl dolls, as well as the slimmer Journey Girls brand. A simplified version of the blouse without the peplum is also offered for those who prefer a more streamlined top than can be worn underneath skirts, pants, or jumpers. An additional bonus is that the top can be cut from a Fat Quarter! Pull out those dazzling small pieces of fabric and make something beautiful. Happy sewing!
Recommended Fabrics: Soft lightweight cottons with some drape or similar fabrics.
- Option 1: 1/3 yd. of 45" wide fabric OR 1 Fat Quarter
- Option 2: ¼ yd. of 45" wide fabric OR 1 Fat Quarter
- Recommended fabrics are soft lightweight cottons with some drape, or other similar fabrics
1. Matching thread and optional contrast thread
2. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Elastic: Two 1/8" wide pieces cut 4" long, and one ¼" wide piece cut 9" long
4. Seven ¼" buttons
5. Option 1: four medium-size snaps; Option 2: three medium-size snaps
6. Optional: Fray Check for woven fabrics that tend to fray
7. Optional: a Frixion Pen for marking (great to use because the marks it makes disappear with heat! Available at most stationery stores; I buy mine from Staples.)
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 30 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Create a classic polo shirt for your 18" doll with this fun, quick and easy...
Revised and updated for 2018 with all new step by step images and instruction! The...
The Liberty Jane® Classic Baseball T-shirt PDF Pattern will delight your 18 inch American Girl®...
There are way too many trendy t-shirt variations these days! Which will your 18 inch doll...