Here’s a versatile dress designed for seamstresses who hate sewing set-in sleeves! The Easy Sleeves Dress, by Forever 18 Inches, comes with a raised waist, a center front closure with button-covered snaps or hook and loop, a “V” neck with an optional sailor collar and front tie, back ties for a customized fit, and dolman sleeves with rolled cuffs or elastic-gathered ruffles. An added bonus are the interchangeable sleeve and neck finishes that can be combined for your own customized look. Make it crisp and nautical, sweet and demure, or in between to suit your own personal tastes. No matter how you choose to interpret the dress, the easy sleeves will simplify the construction and make your sewing project quicker and easier. Have fun with the possibilities!
- Option 1: 1/2 yd. of soft, lightweight fabric with a drape such as lightweight quilter’s cotton for the main part of the dress, ¼ yd. of light to medium weight natural fabric for the contrasting Cuffs and Collar, ¼ yd. (or large scrap) of batiste or similar fabric for the Collar Lining, and ¼ yd. of lightweight silky fabric OR 8” of ½” – 5/8” ribbon for the Front Tie
- Option 2: ½ yd. of lightweight quilter’s cotton or chambray, Tana Lawn, soft shirting, or other similar fabrics, and optional ¼ yd. of very lightweight fusible interfacing for the Facing
Options 1 and 2 and Dress:
1. Option 1: 2/3 yds. of 3/16” soutache braid OR 1/8” wide ribbon
2. Option 2: Two *7-1/2” long pieces of 1/8” wide elastic
1. Matching and optional contrasting thread
2. A pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Fray Check®
4. A marking tool such as chalk or a Frixion® pen (the Frixion® pen mark disappears when dry heat is applied. Be sure to use it on the WRONG side of your garment!)
5. Three medium-sized snaps (8” of Hook and Loop tape can be substituted if desired)
6. Eight ¼” buttons for the front closure
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 35 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
Pixie Faire and the designers featured are not affiliated with American Girl®.
Help your doll to beat the heat with the Warm Weather Rompers pattern by Forever 18...
Get both the Flirty Boho Blouse and Flirty Mini Skirt from Forever 18 Inches bundled together and...
The Flirty Mini Skirt by Forever 18 Inches, receives its name from the modest notch and slit...
This simple but stylish blouse by Forever 18 Inches, has it all: it’s pretty, it’s versatile, and...