The Flirty Mini Skirt by Forever 18 Inches, receives its name from the modest notch and slit found on the hemline. Designed to pair with the Forever 18 Inches Flirty Boho Blouse, these classic skirts feature seamed front and back panels, an elasticized back for a universal fit, and look great in fabrics ranging from casual to dressy.
The Option 1 skirt is an Easy-level sewing pattern with front and back notches and a lining.
The Option 2 skirt is an Intermediate-level design and is unlined to allow for heavier fabrics such as faux leather. Features include seamed and topstitched panels and a slit on the front and back of the skirt.
Both skirts are quick-sewing projects appropriate for craft fair and Etsy sellers. Sew a stack of them in a day and make the human and vinyl dolls in your life squeal with joy and gratitude! (You don’t have to tell anyone that it was easy.)
Fabric Requirements: All fabrics should have a tight weave and no stretch
- Option 1: 1/4 yd. of lightweight denim, poplin, chambray, Kona cotton, medium weight quilter’s cotton, or other natural fabrics; 1/4 yd. of lightweight lining fabric such as batiste or lawn
- Option 2: 1/4 yd. of medium weight/bottom weight fabrics such as denim, faux suede, vegan leather, poplin, Kona cotton, quilter’s cotton, or other similar-weight fabrics
1. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller) OR a bobby pin
2. 5” of 3/8” wide elastic (Note: If you use thick fabric for the Option 2 Skirt, use ¼” elastic)
1. Matching and contrasting thread
2. A pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
3. Optional: Fray Check®
4. A marking tool such as chalk or a Frixion® pen (the Frixion® pen mark disappears when dry heat is applied. Be sure to use it on the WRONG side of your fabric!)
Skill Level: Easy and Intermediate
What You Get: One 29 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
Here’s a versatile dress designed for seamstresses who hate sewing set-in sleeves! The Easy Sleeves...
Help your doll to beat the heat with the Warm Weather Rompers pattern by Forever 18...
Get both the Flirty Boho Blouse and Flirty Mini Skirt from Forever 18 Inches bundled together and...
This simple but stylish blouse by Forever 18 Inches, has it all: it’s pretty, it’s versatile, and...