The “Rosie Romper” pattern is a cute design for your 14” – 14.5” doll. There are three neckline styles and three pants options, which can all be mixed and matched.
The bodice is lined and the romper fastens at the center back bodice with snaps or hook and loop tape closures. Instructions are given for both closure options.
The back has sashes to tie in a big bow to add interest and make the fit adjustable.
View A has a high necked bodice and full length plain pants. View B has a sweetheart neckline or a scooped neckline and full length pants with ruffles.
View C has “shortie” pants with an optional elasticized edge to the leg.
Views A & B offer the perfect style outfit for a birthday party or for more formal occasions. View C is ideal for a day spent relaxing in the park, playing in the sandpit, or enjoying a picnic at the beach!
Instructions are included for piping the bodice should you wish to do so and additional cutting lines are included to simplify the piping process.
Whatever options you choose for your Rosie Romper your doll is sure to love this versatile, comfortable garment.
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™. It will also fit Hearts For Hearts® dolls and Melissa & Doug Mine To Love™ dolls.
Don't miss the Rosie Romper pattern for 18" doll such as American Girl®, also available at Pixie Faire!
Recommended Fabrics: The Rosie Romper pattern is designed for woven fabrics with a soft drape, e.g. cotton broadcloth, shirting fabrics, poplin, lawn, batiste, gingham, seersucker, quilter’s cottons, chambray or cotton blends (e.g. polycotton). It would also work with lightweight synthetic fabrics with a soft drape, such as viscose, rayon, and blouse weight polyester.
- View A – One fat quarter (18” x 22”)
- View B – One fat quarter of main fabric and one fat quarter of contrasting/toning fabric.
- View C – Single fabric option needs a fat quarter of fabric. For the three fabric option shown in the examples you will need three pieces of fabric: 4” x 11” for the bodice, 6”x22” for the pants and 4”x 22” for the waist ties.
- All Views – 4” x 11 ” lining fabric (or you could cut the lining from your main fabric or from the contrast fabric if preferred).
- View A – 2” of Anti Snag hook and loop tape cut in half longways, or 2” of ultra thin hook and loop tape, OR, three snaps. Views B & C – 1.5” of Anti Snag hook and loop tape or ultra thin hook and loop tape, OR, two snaps.
- View C – A quarter of a yard of 3/16” wide elastic.
- Rick rack or piping trim (optional).
- Three ¼” - ⅜” (6mm – 8mm) buttons for View A or two ¼” - ⅜” (6mm – 8mm) buttons for View B to decorate the bodice (optional)
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 34 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!
*Creating a customer account will ensure that you have the ability to access your purchased (and free) files at any time.
PixieFaire and the designers featured are not affiliated with WellieWishers™ and Hearts For Hearts®.
I like the Rosie Romper pattern that I purchased sized for the Wellie Wishers dolls. I am just now starting to explore sewing for these smaller dolls. I thought that the instructions were great and I am very pleased with my purchase.
Love the little romper. I tested it for Genine. It went together fast, and fit perfect. This is a must make for your Wellie Wisher dolls. I made it in cute polk a dot quilters cotton for sisters that have the dolls.
I had tested the 18" size of this romper in the long version so I decided to make the short plain version when I tested this Wellie version for Genine. I made it in a very small retro looking print which turned out looking super cute and 30s-40s ish in case you want your Wellie to be a historical little sister to Kit or Molly. Embellish the romper up a little for a more modern boutique look. Either way you'll love the results! It goes together very nicely and fits great!