Who doesn’t love a flirty sundress? The Endless Summer Halter Dress and Top, by Forever 18 Inches, has so many pretty details: a faux-buttoned front, a gently gathered skirt that can be used with border prints and scalloped eyelet, a high-low bodice and skirt, and a racer-style back with graceful ties. As an added bonus, a halter top with a bodice variation and bottom ruffle can also be made with this pattern. The directions have been written comprehensively with many explanatory details for those who may be new to sewing. Experienced seamstresses will probably be able to create the dress or top just by reading the text-only instructions at the back of the pattern. Happy sewing!
This PDF sewing pattern is designed to fit Kidz N Cats® dolls and 19" Gotz® Hannah and Happy Kidz dolls. It is also available for 14.5" dolls such as WellieWishers™ as well as 18" dolls such as American Girl®.
Recommended Fabrics: Tightly woven fabric such as quilter's cotton or other similar medium-light to medium-weight natural fabrics are ideal for the main fabric. Lightweight fabrics such as batiste or lawn work well for the Bodice Lining.
- Option 1: 1/2 yd.of light to medium-weight fabric
- Option 2: 1/4 yd.of light to medium-weight fabric
- Lining: 1/4 yd. of lightweight batiste or lawn (OR cut the Lining from a fabric scrap)
1. Matching thread
2. 4-5 medium-sized snaps depending on the chosen Option
3. Three to seven ¼” buttons (or smaller), depending on the chosen Option
4. One pair of small, very sharp scissors to trim seam allowances
5. Fray Check
6. Optional: One 5” length of narrow lightweight lace or trim cut into two equal pieces
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 30 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.
Download, Print, Sew!