Who doesn’t love a flirty sundress? The Endless Summer Halter Dress and Top has so many pretty details: a faux-button front, a gently gathered skirt that can be used with border prints and scalloped eyelet, a high-low bodice, and the extra touch of a racer-style back with graceful ties. As an added bonus, a halter top with three different hem styles can also be made with this pattern. The PDF pattern instructions include easy-to-follow directions for making long ties, a way to make an easy, professional-looking hem for touchy curves, and options for a facing or fully lined bodice. To optimize fit, two sets of cutting lines have been provided to accommodate dolls that like candy, as well as those who prefer salads.
Recommended Fabrics: Light to medium-weight fabrics with a bit of drape and a tight weave
- Option 1: ½ yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
- Option 2: ¼ yd. of light to medium-weight fabric (primary fabric)
and ¼ yd. of lightweight lining fabric
- Option 3:
Rounded hem: 1/3 yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
Straight cropped hem: 1/3 yd. of light to medium-weight fabric
1. Matching thread
2. 2-3 medium-sized snaps depending on the chosen Option
3. Three to eight ¼” buttons, depending on the chosen Option
4. One pair of small, very sharp scissor to trim seam allowances.
5. Fray Check
6. Graph Paper to make the pattern for the Skirt and Ruffle (Options 1 and 2 only)
7. A small sturdy safety pin (approximately 3/8” x 7/8” or smaller) OR a bobby pin
7. Optional: One 5” length of narrow lightweight lace or trim cut into two equal pieces
8. Optional: a tube turner OR a tapestry needle and extra-strong thread instead of the safety
pin or bobby pin
Skill Level: Intermediate
What You Get: One 45 page sewing pattern that you digitally download as a PDF file so you can start your project immediately! The PDF sewing pattern provides full color step-by-step illustrated instructions and full size pattern pieces. A PDF reader is required to view and print the files (example: Adobe Reader or Preview for MAC). The download link is received immediately after the transaction is complete. Print copies are NOT available.Download, Print, Sew!
I made the top. It was an easy pattern. I really liked the tips on creating the halter straps. Good directions, lots of good pictures.
I've made several of these halter dresses for the special little girls in my love and we all love them. Very easy pattern and makes up in about an hour with fantastic results! Thank you!
I loved this simple to follow pattern
Super cute and easy to make. Looks adorable on the dolls. This is one of my favorite patters.